Nickelodeon New Orleans is an amusement park located in New Orleans, Louisiana. it is owned and operated by Nickelodeon. it is a sister park to Nickelodeon USA, Nickelodeon central, Nickelodeon Fun Parc, Nickelodeon's Great America and Nickelodeon's New York Adventure.
the park opened as Jazzland in 2000. In 2002, the park was bought by Six Flags and renamed Six Flags New Orleans in 2003. Two new rollercoasters were bought to the park in the process.
In 2005, Six Flags closed the park after news of Hurricane Katrina came up, and on August 28 it struck the park, causing major damage. Six Flags began removing several rides from the property after saying they wouldn't repair it, including the Batman and Roadrunner Express coasters and the drop tower complex. They have been relocated to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Nickelodeon's New York Adventure respectively. in 2009, it was confirmed that Nickelodeon would reopen the park, and after serious renovations the park reopened as Nickelodeon new Orleans in 2010. The kiddie area was expanded and rethemed as Nickelodeon Kids Zone and the coasters were renamed. A water park was then added adjacent to the amusement park in 2011 as Nickelodeon Slime City.
- Nickelodeon Streak - 2000 - A CCI hybrid wooden coaster. Formerly known as "Mega Zeph" (2000-2005)
- Jimmy Neutron Atomic Boomerang - 2000 - A Vekoma boomerang coaster. Formerly known as "Zydeco Scream" (2000-2005)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Rock Bottom Plunge - 2003 - A Vekoma Hurricane coaster that operates backwards. Formerly known as "The Jester" (2003-2005)
- PAW Patrol Coaster Rescue - 2010 - A Zierer Tivoli kiddie coaster in the former spot of Roadrunner Express. Formerly known as "Little Bill's Giggle Coaster" (2010-2013)
- Fairly Odd Coaster - 2010 - A Gertslauer spinning coaster in the former spot of Muskrat Scrambler.
- Avatar Legend Coaster - 2011 - A Rocky mountain Construction hybrid coaster in the former spot of Batman: the Ride.
- TUFF Puppy Action Twist - 2000 - A Revolution model. Formerly known as "Dizzy Lizzy" (2000-2005)
- Bikini Bottom Spin Around - 2000 - A Chance Trabant. Formerly known as "Mad Rex" (2000-2005)
- Top Thrill Splatster - 2000 - An Intamin shoot-the-chutes. Formerly known as "Spillway Splashout" (2000-2005)
- Planet Sheen Intergalatic Smashers - 2000 - A Reverchon bumper cars. Formerly known as "Beach Bang Up" (2000-2005) and "Nickelodeon Crazy Cars" (2010)
- Slime Flingers - 2000 - A Wave swinger. Formerly known as "Zydeco Zinger" (2000-2005)
- Wild Thornberrys Splashdown - 2000 - A log flume. Formerly known as "Cypress plunge" (2000-2002) and "Ozarka Splash" (2003-2005)
- Avatar Airbenders - 2003 - A Mondial shake. Formerly known as "Catwoman's Whip" (2003-2005) and "Jimmy Neutron Atom Smashers" (2010)
- Nickelodeon Junction - 2003 - A Schwarzkopf Polyp. Formerly known as "Joker's Jukebox" (2003-2005)
- Nickelodeon Stunt Drivers - 2010 - An upcharge go karts ride.
- Plankton's Peril - 2010 - An Intamin gyro drop in the former spot of Pontchartrain Flyers.
- Nickelodeon Flyer - 2014 - A 300 ft tall star flyer model.
Defunct Rides Edit
- Muskrat Scrambler - 2000 to 2005 - An L&T Systems wild mouse. Replaced with Fairly Odd Coaster.
- Road Runner Express - 2000 to 2005 - A Vekoma family coaster. Relocated to Six Flags Magic Mountain and replaced with
- Krazy Krewe - 2000 to 2005 - A Fabbri Cataclysm model.
- Pontchartrain Flyers - 2000 to 2005 - A Chance Aviator model. Replaced with Plankton's Peril.
- Batman: The Ride - 2003 to 2005 - A B&M Batman clone inverted coaster. Relocated to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and replaced with Avatar Legend Coaster.